Photo taken on July 8, 2021 shows a view of Tamar Park in Hong Kong. (WU XIAOCHU/XINHUA)
HONG KONG – Hong Kong reported on Monday three new imported COVID-19 cases, bringing the city’s tally to 12,196.
The Centre for Health Protection said the new patients included a woman who flew in from Kazakhstan, a man who came from Egypt and another woman who arrived from the Philippines
In a statement, the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) said the new patients included a 19-year-old woman who flew in from Kazakhstan, a 38-year-old man who arrived from Egypt and 40-year-old woman who came from the Philippines.
ALSO READ: HK sees 8 new COVID-19 infections, probes case in UK
All of them have been fully vaccinated, the CHP said, adding that they were all asymptomatic.
The 19-year-old woman received two doses of the Sputnik V vaccine in Kazakhstan, while the other female patient had taken two CoronaVac shots in the Philippines.
Meanwhile, the male patient received two Comirnaty jabs in Hong Kong. He tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies on Aug 11, the CHP said.
The CHP also said that a total of 48 cases had been reported during Sept 13 to Sept 26, all of which were imported.
READ MORE: HK halts quarantine exemption for travelers from Macao
Mainland, HK officials meet on COVID-19
In another development, officials from Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland held a meeting in Shenzhen Sunday on anti-COVID-19 work and the resumption of quarantine-free travel between the two sides.
A delegation from Hong Kong, led by Chief Secretary for Administration John Lee Ka-chiu, attended the meeting which was hosted by Deputy Director of the Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the State Council (HKMAO) Huang Liuquan.
The HKMAO organized the meeting as the central government attaches great importance to the request by Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor on the resumption of quarantine-free travel with the mainland, Huang said.
During the meeting, representatives from both sides discussed the COVID-19 situation and anti-virus measures. The two sides also exchanged views on and examined the possible risks of resuming of quarantine-free travel.
Mainland experts acknowledged Hong Kong's determination in fighting the virus and reaffirmed the city's present situation of "zero local infection", according to a statement issued by the Hong Kong government.
“The two sides will further study the details and strive to hold a second meeting as soon as possible,” reads the statement.