HONG KONG – Hong Kong reported three imported COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, pushing the city’s tally to 11,955.
ALSO READ: HKSAR govt refutes 'misleading' report on COVID-19 vaccination
The three patients included a 53-year-old man who arrived in the city from Namibia, a 42-year-old woman from Cyprus and a 37-year-old man from Ghana, according to a statement from the Centre for Health Protection.
A total of 38 confirmed patients were being treated as of Wednesday in 10 public hospitals and the North Lantau Hospital Hong Kong Infection Control Centre, including one patient in serious condition, the Hospital Authority said
The 53-year-old developed symptoms on Saturday, while the others remained asymptomatic, the CHP added.
A total of 38 confirmed patients were being treated as of Wednesday in 10 public hospitals and the North Lantau Hospital Hong Kong Infection Control Centre, including one patient in serious condition, the Hospital Authority said.
Meanwhile, Secretary for Innovation and Technology Alfred Sit Wing-hang said the number of downloads for the “LeaveHomeSafe” app has so far exceeded 4.8 million since it was launched.
The app alerts Hong Kong residents if they had visited public and private venues at the same time as people who tested positive for the virus.
About 91,000 public and private venues have agreed to display the "LeaveHomeSafe" venue QR code for members of the public to scan and record their visits, Sit said in an answer to a query at the Legislative Council.
READ MORE: CE urges public to get vaccinated as HK sees no new virus cases
He added that about 310 confirmed patients uploaded their visit records from their mobile phones to the Center for Health Protection through the app. Also, more than 57,000 users went to community testing centers for free testing upon receipt of an exposure notification.
“The ‘LeaveHomeSafe’ does not require registration of any personal information and does not have a tracking function nor recording of any geographical location information of the user,” Sit said.
“We believe that the current arrangement is effective in striking a balancing between the need for epidemic prevention and the public's concern for personal privacy,” he added.